Solway Recycling Limited
Solway Recycling Ltd, is aware of the need to address Internet privacy issues and we believe you should be aware of how we intend to treat any information about you that we might receive on the Internet as a result of your visit to this website.
Information About On-Line Visitors
You can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the email addresses of visitors. In general at Solway Recycling Ltd, we gather information about users of the Site collectively in order to determine, for example, which areas users access more frequently. This information helps us to determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how Solway Recycling Ltd can continually create a better overall experience for our users by improving our range of services and the content of the website.
There are times however, when we may need information from you, such as your name, address and business needs. Customarily, the personal information Solway Recycling Ltd obtains is used only to respond to enquiries and orders. We may also ask you to voluntarily provide us with information for market research such as, your interests, demographics, and experience of the area. Solway Recycling will not release your name, address, email address, card details or any other information to any outside party. We will not trade, sell or redistribute information that your provide to us to any other companies, organisations or individuals.
We will however pass details to a local collector so they can arrange for collection with the customer. This will be done through the find your local collector search.
Web Site Links
This website contains links to other websites which we believe will be of interest to visitors. While we try to link only to sites that share its high standards and respect for privacy, Solway Recycling Ltd cannot take responsibility for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Your trust is important to us. So we want you to know we've updated our
Privacy Notice to explain how we collect, store and handle your personal
Why we collect your data
We want to give you the best possible experience with Solway Recycling
Limited. For example, the data we hold about you helps us personalise
our recommendations for products, services and promotions.
How we collect your data
We do this in a number of ways - including when you share your information
with us to make an online purchase or create an account. We treat your data with
the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
When we'll share your data
We'll sometimes share data with third parties to help us provide a better
service for you. Some examples might be giving your address to a courier so they can
deliver your order, or a company supplying goods directly to you.
Know your rights
You have many rights regarding your personal data, including seeing
what data we access, and updating your information.
There’s nothing you need to do right now, but if you’d like to find out more, please
see our Privacy Notice by visiting our website at any time.
Copyright © 2018 Solway Recycling Limited, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Solway Recycling Limited
Shawhead, Irongray, Dumfries
Want to change how you receive these emails?
Please contact our Privacy & Compliance Officer at
Protecting your privacy
CONTENTS OF PRIVACY NOTICE
2. Explaining the legal bases we rely on
3. When do we collect your personal data?
4. What sort of personal data do we collect?
5. How and why do we use your personal data?
6. How we protect your personal data
7. How long will we keep your personal data?
8. Who do we share your personal data with?
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
10. How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
11. Third Party Finance
11.1 How our providers use your personal data
11.2 Joint use of your personal data
12. Contacting the Regulator
13. If you live outside the UK
14. Any questions?
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Solway Recycling Limited uses your data; for example we will explain things such as our credit checking procedure.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
2. EXPLAINING THE LEGAL BASES WE RELY ON
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
By providing your personal details, you are giving us consent to send relevant marketing information we believe to be of interest to you unless you tell us otherwise.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Solway Recycling Limited to law enforcement .
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We also combine the buying history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
We will also use your contact details to send you direct marketing information by post, email, text or phone telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
3. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
• When you make an online purchase
• When you purchase a product or service on site or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you ask Solway Recycling Limited to email you information about a product or service.
• When you enter prize draws or competitions.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the product/service, it may be passed on to the supplier if requested.
• When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens on site, Solway Recycling Limited may collect your personal data.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
• We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
• When you use our car park and retail premises which have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and Solway Recycling Limited. These systems may record your image during your visit.
4. WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
• If you have an account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Details of your interactions with us.
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, and how and when you contact us.
Details of your buying preferences.
• Personal/Business details which help us to recommend items of interest.
We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
• Payment card information.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our premises.
• Your car number plate may be recorded when you visit our premises
• To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, IP address ,the web pages viewed during your visit, and the advertisements you clicked on. Refer to our cookies policy on our website
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
5. HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
• To process any orders that you make by using our website, telephone, text, email, social media, member of staff or onsite. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual or regulatory obligations.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our website. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
• To protect our customers, premises, assets and all other stakeholders from crime, we operate CCTV systems onsite and car park which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
• If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
• With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone, social media and through our personnel about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
• To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
• To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
For example, we might display a list of items you’ve recently looked at,or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you’ve shared with us.
• To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
• To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
For example, we’ll record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you’re having
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences by contacting us.
• To build a rich picture of who you are and what you like, and to inform our business decisions, we’ll combine data captured from transactions within Solway Recycling, third parties and data from publicly-available lists as we have described in the section 'What Sort of Personal Data do we collect?' We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
For example, by combining this data, this will help us personalise your experience and decide which inspiration or content to share with you.
• To process your booking/appointment requests. Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers or a product specialist visiting your premises). We do so to maintain our appointment with you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption. No payment card information is stored by Solway Recycling Limited
7. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
8. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, product specialists visiting your premises, for fraud management, to handle complaints.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
• We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
• Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
• Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
• Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
• For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
• We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
• In the event of the ownership of the business changing, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
• For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
• That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
• You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Solway Recycling Limited holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Privacy & Compliance Officer, Solway Recycling Limited, Rigghead, Shawhead, Irongray, Dumfries, DG2 9SH or email firstname.lastname@example.org To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our Privacy & Compliance Officer.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
10. HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
• Write or email to the contact details below
Solway Recycling Limited, Rigghead, Shawhead, Irongray, Dumfries, DG2 9SH
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
11. THIRD PARTY FINANCE
11.1 How our providers use your personal data
When you then apply for a product or service from one of our chosen providers, your data will be collected and used by them under the terms of their own separate privacy policies.
Third Party Finance Policies available on request.
11.2 Joint use of your personal data
Rest assured that all applications for financial services products will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
12. CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant protection regulator in your country of residence.
13. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UK
For all non-UK customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
14. ANY QUESTIONS?
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
• Write to us at Solway Recycling Limited, Rigghead, Shawhead, Irongray, Dumfries, DG2 9SH or Email email@example.com
• This notice was last updated on 21/05/2018